For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Ghost Ventures Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data). We are a limited company whose registered office and primary place of business is 64 Wilbury Way, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG4 0TP.
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, and phone number) whenever you place an order for event services from our site.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below
- fraud prevention and detection
- billing and order fulfilment
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you
- improving our services.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may contact you by email about products that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’, below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- owners or operators of locations at which the events are held
- other companies within our group
- our delivery agents and service providers (including any spiritual professionals such as mediums and psychics we engage for an event)
- our payment processors
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you
- we store your personal data on secure servers
- we do not store your payment details – we take payment wither through a bank transfers or PayPal.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log on each time)
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests, and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of cookies
The table below is designed to provide more information about the cookies we use and why:
These are non-essential cookies used by Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
- attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to Ghost Ventures Ltd; and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in an email sent to email@example.com with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’,
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details), and
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone), please specify the channel you are objecting to
Our Contact Details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org